Saturday, September 17, 2011

General Reflection: Science ACE project - Ice and it's unique properties.

As for this sample of my personal ACE project, I researched and learned about the weird molecular structure of water molecules and how it allowed ice to expand and thereby be able to float in water.
Through this ACE project, I felt that I had really learned something very useful on my own, and I feel very glad that I found out being an independent learner is even more effective than having a teacher to spoon-feed you all the information. I realise this is because your mindset is that you worked hard to gain this piece of new knowledge and would put in more effort to learn it properly and memorise it more thoroughly.
As for the specific things that I had learned through doing thing ACE project, they are: molecular structure of water molecules, movements and energy that molecules contain and how they change.
Finallly, I think that after doing this project, it has also helped me in some of the topics that we've covered this year, example Chemistry. This is because this project also required me to reserach about the bonding of certain atoms and molecules and therefore it gave me some background information about chemistry before we started on the topic, and in the end, I had fewer problems understanding and learning the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment